In our first week we have received R450 from the collection.
Help your Class Win by donating the following items...
o Paper, shredded paper, magazines, telephone books, cardboard all count towards the competition.
Class in the lead so far : Lucille 466.5kg’s avg. 42.4kg’s per child
Several reasons exist as to why we should promote recycling. Recycling helps us to convert our old products into new useful products. In other words, it is good for the environment. Since we are saving resources and are sending less trash to the landfills, it helps in reducing air and water pollution. Listed below are few reasons why we should all recycle old products. - See more at: http://www.conserve-energy-future.com/Why_Should_We_Recycle.php#sthash.DiNig5Bc.dpuf
- A typical office generates about one pound of paper per employee and that from that paper, 77 percent of what is wasted in offices across the country is recyclable.
- Most of the paper wasted is high grade paper.
- Using old paper to make new paper uses 30 to 50 percent less energy than making paper from trees.
- Pollution is also reduced by 95 percent when used paper is made into new sheets.
- 40 percent of all waste going to landfills is paper. Cutting down on paper waste will extend the lives of our landfills.
- Newspaper can be recycled into egg cartons, game boards, new newspaper, gift boxes, animal bedding, insulation and packaging material.
- Office paper is recycled into paper towels, tissue paper and toilet paper.
- Corrugated cardboard is created into new cardboard and cereal boxes.